Monday, February 3, 2020

Catch Up Day

Today in class was a catch up day. There were some people out last week and they worked on reading and taking notes on the Egypt chapter. I had already done that so I started on this blog. Egypt has its similarities with Mesopotamia but also some major differences. I think the biggest difference is that in Mesopotamia they saw the king as god-like but in Egypt they saw their king (Pharaoh) as a literal god. I'm excited that we got to do whatever we wanted today because my dad was supposed to send me a picture of my new bird before he got it. He had called the other day and they said they only had one new white parakeet and we wanted the white one not a green or blue one. We were looking for them all week but the ones at all of the pet stores were old but Petsmart said they were putting new ones in on Monday so here we are. I'm so excited to go home and see him after school! Egypt believed in an afterlife called "ka" that would either take you to a paradise or into the jaws of a monster. I think Egypt is a very interesting place. It has so many weird beliefs and things about it that make it cool to learn about. That's all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment